- Products boosting immunity power in cafes and restaurants are being prepared
- The menu includes celery, fennel, tea, turmeric milk to Chyawanprash ice cream.
Jun 06, 2020, 07:00 PM IST
new Delhi. People will focus more on healthy food after the coronavirus epidemic. This is the reason why now healthy items are being kept in the menu of restaurants and cafes. The menu has increased focus on immunity enhancing products. From parsley, fennel, tea and turmeric milk to Chyawanprash ice cream and buttermilk ragi tacos have been included in the café and restaurant menu. More than half a dozen companies including Tea Point, NRI Chaiwala, Coffee Day Enterprises, Chaios, Tata Starbucks and Massive Restaurants have added immunity enhancing products to their menus.
These companies changed the menu
- Starbucks has launched honey-turmeric latte, soy-based tea, brew and vitamin C-rich raspberries, kiwis and blueberries. Tata Starbucks believes that in future most customers will focus on healthy eating. This is the reason why the company is preparing the products to boost the immunity power and include it in its menu forever.
- Cafe Coffee Day, the country's largest coffee chain, has introduced turmeric latte. According to CCD chief executive Vinay A Bhopatkar, after Kovid-19, there has been increased awareness about Indian traditional spices and ingredients. Indian spices are very helpful in enhancing immunity.
- Chaios has launched turmeric milk and turmeric tea in view of the epidemic. The company's cofounder Raghav Verma believes that most of his products have been launched keeping in mind the guidelines outlined by the Ministry of AYUSH.
Kovid-19 changed eating habits
Due to coronavirus, there is a change in the eating habits of the people. In view of this, now tea retailer Tea Point has added new items such as celery fennel tea, lemongrass tea and Kashmiri coffee to its menu. This can help people to overcome seasonal diseases. Amulek Singh Bijral, Co-Founder of Tea Point, said, "The trend of working from home has led to a rapid change in the food habits of people. Now people are preferring healthy food for breakfast. "He said that we have
NRI Chaiwala to get 'Anti Corona Tea'
NRI Chaiwala based in Delhi-NCR has launched Special Anti Corona Tea. The company's co-founder Jagdish Kumar says, "We have emphasized on immunity power enhancing products to fight the corona infection." In view of this, Mohini Astra (Cinnamon and Thyme Tea), Ramban (Mulethi Tea), Bhramastra (Turmeric Tea), Nagastra (Kadha Tea), Suryastra (Ginger Lemon Tea) have been added to the menu. At the same time, Delhi and Restaurant and Cafe My Bar Cafe have also changed the menu for lunch and dinner. Emphasis will be placed on healthy food and foods cooked in high temperatures.