A dead lizard was found in a person’s food at an outlet of foodgrain company Haldiram in Nagpur (Nagpur). An official of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) stated this on Wednesday. This incident took place in the outlet located at Ajani square on Tuesday morning. The picture of the dead lizard found in ‘Vada Sambar’ became viral on social media.
Milind Deshpande, Assistant Commissioner of FDA (Nagpur) told PTI- “A person from Wardha and a lady accompanying him ordered a Vada Sambar . But while eating, the person got a dead lizard in the food. They gave this information to the supervisor of the outlet, who threw it out. ‘ Both were later admitted to a private hospital and were discharged on Wednesday.
Deshpande told that the FDA had stopped the outlet when it did not comply with ‘Food and Safety’ Regulations in 2011. When contacted, a senior official from Haldiram told that he had a doubt on the client’s claim. He said, ‘But we admitted him to a nearby hospital. He was kept under observation for 24 hours and his medical report was normal. He was discharged today. ‘