- West Indies cricketer hopes to be in full form before his last World Cup
- 39-year-old Gayle scored 490 runs in this IPL season for 41 runs from Punjab
New Delhi. Prior to his 5th and final World Cup, West Indian cricketer Chris Gayle is busy trying to return completely back to form. For this, he is doing yoga instead of sweating in the gym. He has not gone to the gym for the past 2 months. According to Gayle, the mental aspect of the game is more important for him. Gayle scored 490 runs at an average of 41 while playing in Kings XI Punjab in IPL this year.
Gayle takes massages in order to overcome fatigue!
- Gail also takes massages in addition to yoga to keep himself fit at the age of 39. He says that this helps him to recover from fatigue. He also relax between matches!
- He told the news agency, ‘This is a fun game. There is a lot of runs to be scored in the World Cup. I have a lot of experience. I am happy with my batting and I hope this goal will continue. ‘
- Gayle says, “The effect of age is the same. The most important thing for me is the mental aspect of the game. The physical aspect is no longer important. I have not given much attention to fitness in the past two months. ‘
- He said, ‘I use my experience and mental perseverance. I have not gone to the gym for a while. I am resting and doing massages. I am trying to keep myself fresh. ‘
- He said, ‘I am playing for my fans. Until a few years ago, I had thought of retirement in my mind, but then the fans requested to play. ‘
- Gayle said, “Now I am constantly playing for my fans. Hopefully I can entertain them in some more matches and win the World Cup.