Huobi Incubator, the project incubation arm of Huobi Global, and its affiliated Web3Scholarship platform, today announced the kick-off of the Web3 Hackathon. The hackathon is hosted in conjunction with DoraHacks, a decentralized global developer community and open-source incentive platform, and Cube Network, an emerging Web3 blockchain. Huobi Incubator will distribute 50,000 USDT in grants to the hackathon winners through the DoraHacks platform.
The Web3 Hackathon is designed to help grow promising Web3 startup projects. Lasting three months from June 28, 2022 to September 30, 2022, this hackathon welcomes applications from all blockchain projects that have yet to issue tokens. Projects that have deployed or plan to deploy on the Cube Network blockchain will be given priority in the assessment of their hackathon eligibility.
Projects will be reviewed and judged every six weeks by a committee of judges including representatives from Polkastarter, the decentralized launchpad; Poolz, a DeFi launchpad; DAO Maker, an incubation platform; and more. There will be two rounds of winners announced during this hackathon, and prizes will be distributed by Huobi Incubator through the DoraHacks platform.
What can you get?
- A total prize pool of 50,000 USDT
- Priority access to Huobi Incubator’s network of investors
- Fast-track approval to list on Huobi Global’s cryptocurrency exchange
- Potential to receive up to 100 million USDT in liquidity investment support
- Technical and marketing support to launch on the Cube Network blockchain
Prize Level Breakdown*
- First Class Prize(s)：5000 USDT + Huobi Incubator support
- Second Class Prize(s)：2000 USDT + Huobi Incubator support
- Third Class Prize(s)：1000 USDT + Huobi Incubator support
*A total prize pool of 50,000 USDT will be distributed to winners; the total number of prizes to be given out for each class will be solely determined by the judging committee and the quality of the projects.
- Start Date: June 28, 00:00 SGT
- Demo Day: August 25, 2022
- Submission Due Date: September 30, 24:00 SGT
- Podcast: Once a week from July to September, our podcast will invite participants to discuss their projects.
Hackathon participants will have access to developer resources from the likes of DoraHacks, WBA, Gitcoin, one block, Developer Engine, nethermind, Harmony, IRisnet, and Angelhack.
There will be two complementary events held throughout the duration of the hackathon:
- One Demo Day will be held on August 25, 2022, to showcase high-quality projects and receive more investor exposure.
- Weekly podcast interviews with the founder(s) of a project participating in the hackathon will be held by Huobi Incubator from July to September to showcase project stories and use cases.
Click here to sign up for the Web3 Hackathon!
The Web3Scholarship program was seeded by Huobi Incubator in Jan 2022, and is affiliated with Huobi Global. Its network of partners and mentors include executives from Polkastarter, DAO Maker, Cambridge Blockchain Society, Republic Crypto, Imperial Blockchain, Enjinstarter, DoraHacks, Asia Blockchain Gaming Alliance, and more.
Web3Scholarship program is dedicated to supporting a multi-chain world, and strengthens its ecosystem through collaborations with Layer1 and Layer2 protocols such as Avalanche, Polygon, Dfinity, Octopus Network, and Tron Network. Since its launch, Web3Scholarship has helped fund over 80 projects and worked with 15 ecosystem partners, such as universities, IDO platforms, data platforms, and developer platforms.
About Huobi Incubator
Huobi Incubator is a professional, full-cycle project incubator that integrates industry research with investment funds, incubation processes and accelerators.
With the mission of accelerating startup project development across all stages and users, Huobi Incubator helps entrepreneurs and startups overcome obstacles, achieve rapid growth, and work toward their respective visions and goals.