- ICC decision taken for slow over-rate in third ODI against Pakistan
- Other players of the team will also have to pay 20% of their match fees
Dubai. The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended England captain Ian Morgan for one ODI. The ICC has also imposed a penalty of 40 per cent on match fees. Apart from them, all the team’s teammates have also been fined 20 per cent of their match fees. The ICC has taken this decision due to a slow over-rate in the third ODI against Pakistan.
England’s team threw 2 overs short of the time
- Match referee Richie Richards of ICC Elite Panel sent Morgan this sentence. According to them, the England team had thrown two overs short of the time required.
- According to Section 2.22.1 of ICC Code of Conduct, in the mistakes related to the slow over-rate, the players have to pay 10 per cent of the match fee and the doubling of the match (20 per cent for every over) for every over.
- Morgan has been found guilty for the second time this year, so he has also been suspended for a match. England wicketkeeper batsman Johnny Bairstow has also been reprimanded under the ICC Code of Level I
- A demerit point has been given to Bairstow. Jonny Bairstow was bowled on Junaid Khan’s ball on the fourth ball of the 29th over in a one-off ODI against Pakistan. They were so angry that they killed their bat at the stumps.