- India on their tour to Australia have won 2 out of 3 matches
- India will play their last match of the tour on Friday.
Perth The Indian hockey team suffered a 4-0 defeat to Australia on Wednesday. This is the first defeat of the Indian team on tour in Australia. In the 3 matches played before that they did not lose a single match. India played Australia in the last match and the result was 1-1 draw!
Harmanpreet failed to convert penalty corner into goal
- In the match at the Perth Hockey Stadium on Wednesday, Blake Gover scored 15th and 60th minute for Australia and Jeremy Hayward scored in 20th and 59th minute. India also got a penalty corner in the 5th minute, but Harmanpreet Singh could not make it a goal.
- Australia scored a 1-0 lead in India in the last minute of the Quarter. However, India had got a penalty corner in the 5th minute, but Harmanpreet Singh’s shot was stopped by Australian Defenders.
- In the second quarter, India’s Birendra Lakra delivered the ball in a circular manner in Australia’s circle, but Australia captain Eddie Ockenden flicked the ball out.
- In the 20th minute, Australia got a penalty corner after Birendra collided with another player inside the circle. Indian goalkeeper Krishna Pathak could not save it, and Australia made a 2-0 lead in the match.
- In the third quarter, there was a great game between the two teams. Indian captain Manpreet Singh and the team tried very hard to score, but Australia’s strong defense did not give India a single chance.
- India got many chances in the last quarter, but they could not get them. In the last moments, the Indian goalkeeper also came for his padding up attack, but in vain
- Australia scored two goals in the last minute and won the match 4-0. India’s last match against Australia will be played on Friday.