- The man went to recruit terrorist organization
- Name of the person killed was Muhammad Muhsin
- Message received from Afghanistan, news of death
Thiruvananthapuram. A person from Kerala who joined the terrorist organization Islamic State was killed in the US drone strikes. The man named Muhammad Muhsin was a resident of Edappal in Mallapuram district of Kerala and went on to join ISIS in October 2017. He was currently in Afghanistan, where he died in a drone attack on 18 July. He is also reported to have killed another Islamic State commander, Huzaifa al-Bakistani.
- Muhammad Muhsin’s family came to know about his death through an unknown WhatsApp message from Afghanistan. According to sources, Muhsin was in Khorosan state of Afghanistan these days.
- In the message received in Malayalam language, it was written, ‘Your brother wanted to be a martyr. Allah fulfilled his wish according to his aspiration. He was martyred in a US military drone attack 10 days ago.
- It was further written in that message, ‘Please do not tell this to the police, otherwise they will come to your house and start harassing you. Your brother did not want that. ‘
- According to reports, another terrorist named Bakistani was killed in this attack, he was fully trained in Pakistan and provoked many Indian youth to walk on the path of terror.
People of Kerala are targeting
- During the last few years, 98 people from Kerala have gone and admitted to the Islamic State. Of these, 38 people have died, while 60 people are still alive and fighting for the terrorist organization.
- According to government data, most of the people joining the terrorist organization are from Kannur district of the state. About 40 people have gone to this terrorist organization. There are also 8 women.
- Apart from Kannur, people from Kasaragod, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Ernakulam and Thrissur have also joined this terrorist organization. Most of these people were affected by ISIS through social media.
- It is said that most social media accounts of Malayali groups sympathetic to ISIS are running from Gulf countries. These groups implicate Muslims living in Kerala by throwing their net on them.